10. Plan, make notes and find images for a time filling and not strictly necessary blog post like this.
9. Check all email and social media accounts, retweet and post, change profile photos and edit personal info, scour photo albums of people you barely know. Join snapchat.
8. Look at the long range weather forecast in Mexico City.
7. Log out of Google and open the front page of the word document you need to work on, minimise it and open up Google again. Repeat process endlessly reading all breaking news, opinion pieces and comments on all platforms until you fall into a stare unable to open up the word document at all.
6. Turn off your phone. This is it. You are about to write. Turn it on again. False alarm.
5. Go to kitchen and make a pot of leaf tea and eat two unnecessary slices of cheese straight from the fridge. Stare at the rain in the garden.
4. Return to room with desk in. Try on coats and scarves and look at self in mirror.
3. Tidy desktop and change desktop image, many times, before returning to blank and non distracting screen you had before.
2. Maximise the word document you need to work on. Ignore it, stand up and sing the entire score of My Fair Lady.