Whether you’re a theatre company or a creative professional- starting out, mid career or flying high- I can offer experience, support and insight in the following areas:
- Arts Council project and strategic funding, trust and foundations, crowdfunding and sponsorship.
- Accessibility and inclusivity when working with and for people and actors with learning disabilities.
- Organisational development.
- Creating an artistic vision and mission.
- Recruitment and performance management for creative and administrative teams.
- Touring and promoting small and mid scale theatre.
- Marketing, PR and positioning.
- Project planning and management.
- Creative development/dramaturgy/script doctoring/copywriting.
I offer coaching that is objective driven, positive and tailored specifically for you and your needs.
From a one off meeting over a coffee to a long-term collaboration I can share my skills and experience with you in a way that helps you to reach your goals.
Be in touch and lets explore how we can work together- to help you to succeed.
I have found Vanessa Brooks’ mentoring invaluable bedding in as Artistic Director of Arts Council NPO More Music. Her combination of organisational knowledge and artistic vision is a great combination for sparring about ideas. She knows the right questions to ask, when to push and when to support.Loz Kaye, Artistic Director, More Music
Vanessa Brooks has worked with Hubbub Theatre Company as Associate Producer and mentor since 2015. Her input has made a huge impact on the organisational development and creative output of the company, securing Elevate funding and moving us onwards in our ambitions for actors with learning disabilities. Vanessa has exceptional knowledge of the sector and also the challenges and opportunities for a small theatre company to thrive and grow, whilst retaining values and artistic vision. She is clear, challenging and supportive in her mentoring approach and has been of such value to me as an Artistic Director, and our company in these early stages of development.Jen Sumner, Artistic Director, Hubbub Theatre