10 rules for planning and office bound activity
1. Never put off writing down an idea thinking that it will be remembered after you’ve done that very important thing that needs doing right now.
It will become a ghost ship in the mid brain.
2. Don’t half do the boring things, do them in full, however much it hurts.
After the ‘A bird in the hand = 2 in the bush’ saying the ancient proverb writers’ next greatest hit was…
A desk full of boring things half done is twice as painful as one boring thing completed.
3. Remember that social media is not a child, lover or source of the meaning of life and therefore doesn’t need to be checked every ten minutes for happiness, attractiveness or revelation.
Other peoples’ holiday and wedding photographs don’t ease feelings of entrapment and dullness.
They compound them.
4. Looking at all news websites for the sake of a rounded world view doesn’t wash in the post truth age.
Its all lies.
Keep it honest and do the schedule instead.
5. Budgets do not justify themselves at the sound of a block of stilton being unwrapped.
Food is not the answer.
Barricade the kitchen door.
6. The genius playlist that starts with Starboy and ends with a herd of cows from the SFX compilation doesn’t have to be listened to in full on headphones while staring out of the window before the next task.
Its 25 minutes long.
It takes five minutes to delete last weeks inbox.
7. It’s frankly unnecessary to take your own photo and try out all the effects in Photo Booth with different hairstyles and facial expressions.
Check the business bank account instead.
8. If you’d wanted to be the Marketing Director of an organic produce company in Slovakia you would have gained some experience in retail and farming by now. And speak Slovakian.
It’s easier to clear your desk top than change career.
Shut Google down.
Yes you can.
9. Having a lengthy conversation by email is tiring and makes your fingers ache.
Use the phone instead.
It means actually thinking and making decisions.
10. Nothing is more satisfying than a sense of completion.
Delete Civilisation 5.
Deny yourself all pleasure.
Just get it bloody done.
One thought on “Shilly shallying”
You’ve just reminded me of our treat cheeses that I haven’t even sniffed today.
There is no justifying to be done when Shakenham Rustic is about!